Trouble accessing sections of Batman Arkham Knight? Getting frustrated with the “installing game data” message? Here’s how to get rid of it for good.
I, like many other fans, have been enjoying my copy of Batman Arkham Knight and I’ll be posting my review very soon (Edit: the review is now live). In the meantime, some players have reported a strange problem.
Having Trouble Bat-Brain?
While the PS4 version of Batman Arkham Knight has avoided the woeful launch issues of the PC edition, some players have experienced trouble with the installation to hard disk. It seems to be limited to disc based copies of the game, with the latest game update installed.
I experienced the issue myself, seeing the message “installing game data” at certain points. It showed a progress percentage value which refused to budge, except once or twice when I rebooted the console.
This in turn, led to segments of the game, such as Riddler challenges, being inaccessible or impossible to continue. Here’s how I fixed the problem.
Don’t Lie To Me
I believe that there is a bug in how the game reports its installation percentage to the PS4, in combination with another bug, which prevents it continuing to copy data to the hard disk while the game is being played.
This means that the Playstation thinks it is 100% installed, while the game is actually stuck at say, 7% or perhaps, 56%.
To get Batman really, properly, fully installed, follow these steps:
- Exit the game (return to the PS4 menus, by pressing the PS button)
- Press and hold the PS button until you see the options, then select “close application” from the menu
- You should hear that the disc is still spinning in the drive
- Leave it running and go and make a coffee, or whatever for approximately 5-10 minutes
- Wait until you can hear the disc has stopped spinning: it is now fully installed
The game is now ready to play and you should be able to access all areas.
Now go get those super villains!
Download a quick summary of these steps below.